The North Grenville Public Library is looking for a Coordinator of French Library Services to deliver library programming and services to the students of the École élémentaire et secondaire publique Rivière Rideau, as part of a partnership with the Conseil des écoles publiques de l’Est de l’Ontario (CEPEO). This part-time contract position is for 12 hours per week (currently on Wednesdays and Fridays) during the school year, at a current rate of pay of $25.71 per hour.
What does the Coordinator do?
- Develops and delivers library programming and services that respond to the needs of the students of the École élémentaire et secondaire publique Rivière Rideau
- Works with the staff of the École élémentaire et secondaire publique Rivière Rideau and the Library CEO to implement the programming
- Assists with the development of French collections for children and youth
- Produces automated reports on weekly activities, working with library staff and the integrated library system
What qualifications and skills are needed?
- Library Studies, ECE or relevant combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in French (written, spoken and comprehension)
- Experience working with children and developing children’s programming
- Comfortable leading a group of children in educational activities
- Familiarity with French literature for children and youth
- Experience with computers and automated systems
- Ability to organize, schedule and document
- Strong interpersonal skills
Are there special requirements?
- You will be working at two locations (Kemptville library branch and École élémentaire et secondaire publique Rivière Rideau), so you will need a car to get back and forth
- You will need to be able to transport totes of books and lift up to 10 lbs
If this position sounds like it might be right for you, please contact Rachel Brown, CEO at the North Grenville Public Library: email@example.com / 613-258-4711