Due to a substantial funding reduction by the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport to provincial library services, interlibrary loan delivery service across the province has been discontinued. Without this service, the North Grenville Public Library will not be able to offer residents interlibrary loans for the present and will be exploring other options for the possible continuation of interlibrary loans in the future.
For the present, here is some direction on what to expect:
- You will not be able to request any further interlibrary loans.
- You will have access to your interlibrary loans that have already been received by the library or are in transit.
- If you are in a book club, the Library will be offering suggestions.
- If you currently have an interlibrary loan book, please return it at your earliest convenience. After April 26th, the Library will likely be mailing back loaned books and absorbing the cost of postage.
- If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-258-4711.
We are sorry for the inconvenience and will keep you informed of further developments. Visit the Southern Ontario Library Service website for more details on the changes to provincial interlibrary loan and delivery service. If you would like to express your thoughts on the changes, you may contact:
Hon. Michael A. Tibollo
Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport
438 University Ave., Room 6W416
Toronto, ON M5G 2K8
Hon. Steve Clark
Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing
7829 Kent Blvd.
Brockville, ON K6V 5J9
777 Bay St., 17th Floor
Toronto, ON M5G 2E5