Starting Monday, May 25, 2020, we are offering curbside pickup at the Kemptville Norenberg Branch.
You can call to place orders for books and DVDs by phone (613-258-4711):
- Between 10 am and 7 pm, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
- Between 10 am and 2 pm on Saturday.
If you don’t know what you want you can also fill out a recommendation request form, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to offer suggestions for reading, and will also offer grab bags for kids based on their age and favourite genres. Up to 10 items (books and DVDs) per person, with the usual three-week loan period.
And always remember that you can place holds through the catalogue using your library card for any specific items you want. Interlibrary loan services are not available at this time, however; we will let you know when they become available.
A staff member will contact you when your items are ready to arrange pickup.
Pickup times will be booked for:
- Between 11 am and 2 pm Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
- Between 5 pm and 7 pm Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
- Between 11 am and 2 pm on Saturday.
When we call you to book your pickup time, instructions will be provided for a safe pickup. Here is how it will work:
- Park in the designated pickup parking space at the side (service) entrance to the library.
- Call us from your car when you arrive, or ring the bell at the side entrance if you have no phone, and return to your car.
- Ensure that your trunk is open, or if you have no trunk, that your furthest passenger side window is open.
- A staff member will come out and place your book bag in your trunk, or if you have none, through your window onto your seat. You will close your trunk (with some possible exceptions, like for mobility issues).
- If you are on foot:
- Ring the bell and step back three metres from the door.
- Wait until your book bag has been placed outside the door by a staff member.
- Once the door is closed, retrieve your bag.
GET A CARD: If you don’t have a card yet, you can call or email us or apply online.
We are planning to open our bookdrop by Monday, June 1. In the meantime, we ask that you kindly hang on to those books for a bit longer. All past and present fines have been waived, and a new fine-free policy will continue until further notice.