IMPORTANT: We encourage patrons to check the museum website before visiting. Most museums are still running on a system requiring timed ticketing.
In connection with the Canadian Federal Government, Department of Canadian Heritage, we offer free family passes for many of the museums found in Ottawa and the Ottawa area.
Borrowing and using a Family Pass is easy!
1. Sign out the Family Pass on an adult card for a one-week loan period. Limit of one pass per household, no renewals. The late fee is $1/day. Holds are not allowed on passes.
2. Bring your pass to the museum for admission, see the important note above.
3. Enjoy your visit!
The Library offers free family passes to the following Federal Museums:
And the Ingenium Pass which includes:
The following museums offer FREE admission to their permanent exhibits on Thursdays:
- Canadian Museum of Nature (4:00pm – 7:00pm)
- National Gallery of Canada (5:00pm – 8:00pm)
- Canadian Museum of History (5:00pm – 7:00pm)
- Canadian War Museum (5:00pm – 7:00pm)
FREE Admission DAILY between 4:00pm-5:00pm:
- Canadian Agriculture & Food Museum
- Canadian Aviation & Space Museum
- Canada Science & Technology Museum
Seasonal Passes: (Only available during certain times of the year)
- Ontario Parks day-use vehicle parking pass
- 1 pass per household. No holds allowed.
- N.C.C. Gatineau Park Winter Trail passes
- 1 pass per person. A maximum of 4 passes may be borrowed per household. No holds allowed.
- Youth ages 12 and under are free, so they do not need a pass.
- The pass is to be carried at all times while using the trails.