An Evening at the Library
Saturday, June 22nd, 2019
Doors open at 6:30 pm
Festivities begin at 7 pm
Special guests: authors Jen Gilroy, Michael Blouin and Tom Graham; community member Chris Morgan; and, harpist Hanna MacNaughtan
Libraries hold so many treasures… and that includes more than books.
We hope that you will join us for this elegant event, being held as a benefit by the Friends of the North Grenville Public Library to raise funds for the Library’s new Digital Literacy Program.
There will be a silent auction, local wine and craft beer, entertainment by local musicians, and stories from local authors and members of the community about what libraries have meant to them.
The Digital Literacy Program will introduce children to the wonderful world of coding, and will offer learning opportunities for adults who want to improve their technology skills.
Tickets are $15 and can be purchased at the Library. Cash bar and complimentary hors d’oeuvres.
Thanks to local artist Don Munz for his rendition of the Library at night for our poster.
About the Friends
The Friends of the North Grenville Public Library is a non-profit voluntary and charitable association dedicated to the enhancement of library services for the citizens of the Municipality of North Grenville. We support services provided by the Library by focusing on programs and activities for seniors, children and youth.
We strive to enrich the intellectual and cultural environment of the community by sponsoring special events and donating much-needed resources to local organizations. We actively promote literacy, sponsoring our annual “Literary Follies” and the Library’s annual Summer Reading Programming. In 2011 the group received the Gabriele Schreiber Friends of the Year Award from the Friends of Canadian Libraries (FOCAL)
- Promote goodwill and support for the North Grenville Public Library
- Stimulate public awareness of Library needs
- Seek out sources of cultural and educational programs for the Library and to occasionally sponsor such programs
- Promote a library system second to none through it advocacy role
- Ensure, through fundraising, that the Library is able to offer to patrons enhanced services and resources beyond the basic offerings
- Provide for all interested persons an active forum for the discussion of books and ideas
- Assist in the promotion of literacy in the community
Please Note: Friends is not an extension of the Library Board; it has no governing function. As an advocacy group, independent of the Library Board, Friends assists the Board in the implementation of its objectives.
Any individual, business or organization interested in supporting the Friends may become a member through an annual membership.
- Individual: $20
- Family: $40
- Patron: $100
- Corporate Partner: $250
- Life: $150 (per individual)
- Donations always welcome!
Membership shall expire one year from payment of annual dues, with the exception of the Life membership. Become a FRIEND today!
Donate now through CanadaHelps.org and thank you for your generous support!
- Jeff Murray, Chair
- Barb McDerby, Treasurer
- Viviane Howe, Secretary
- Mary Carlson, Library Board Representative
- Rachel Brown, Liaison for Library
- Pat Babin, Member at Large
- Judy Fader-Levere, Member at Large
- Barbara Rousseau, Member at Large
- Jane Rocchio, Member at Large
- Rebecca Campbell, Member at Large
P.O. Box 538, 1 Water St. Kemptville, ON K0G 1J0
613-258-4711 (ask for Rachel Brown) or 613-258-4134 (fax)