OFAH/OPG TackleShare Program
North Grenville Public Library is excited to announce that we have joined the TackleShare Program. Fishing rods and tackle boxes are available to sign out for free at the Kemptville Branch.
Supported by the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH) and Ontario Power Generation(OPG), the TackleShare Program gives new and young anglers the opportunity to go fishing at no cost. There are many barriers to introducing new anglers to fishing; TackleShare programs remove these barriers by providing the equipment and knowledge to get them started. Participating anglers simply sign out a rod and reel, as well as an assortment of tackle, in the same way that they would borrow library material.
Equipment is available for a one week loan period.
As a TackleShare site, the library is not responsible for ensuring a borrower’s licensing. The following resources provide information on regulations, licensing, fishing with kids, and places to fish around North Grenville:
- Please see Ontario Fishing Regulations to ensure a safe and informed start to you fishing season.
- Find an overview of rules and restrictions about fishing in Ontario or download the “Recreational Fishing Regulations Summary“(pdf 27 MB)
- Fishing Licensing: Buy or renew your fishing license online or find a participating licence issuer.
- Find licensing information for Ontario residents, Canadian residents, and non-Canadian residents. Get current licensing fees for Ontario Residents.
- Youth Fishing: Gather tips for fishing with your kids. You may also view the MNR’s booklet “Take a kid fishing — How to Have Fun and Catch Something Too!” (pdf 5 MB).
- Places to Fish in North Grenville: No boat? No problem! Kemptville and Burritt’s Rapids are ideally set on the Rideau Canal System, A UNESCO World Heritage Site, and Kempville Creek runs right through the town. Fishing is permitted at Anniversary Park, Rotary Park, and Curry Park.
- Visit Friends of the Rideau and see also Ontario fisheries management zone information for interesting information.