IMPORTANT**: Please note: Due to the COVID-19, hours for museums have been modified and safety measures are in place. Check their websites for details before visiting. Almost all museums require buying your tickets online in advance in order to secure a timed visit.
In connection with the Ottawa Museum Network (OMN) and the Canadian Federal Government, Department of Canadian Heritage, we offer free family passes for many of the museums found in Ottawa and the Ottawa area.
Borrowing and using a Family Pass is easy!
1. Sign out the Family Pass on an adult card for a one week loan period. Limit of one pass per household, no renewals. Late fee is $1/day.
2. Bring your pass to the museum for admission.
3. Enjoy your visit!
** The following Museums offer FREE admission to their permanent exhibits on Thursdays 5:00pm-8:00pm: Canadian Museum of Nature, National Gallery of Canada, Canadian Museum of History, & Canadian War Museum.
**Canadian Agriculture & Food Museum, Canadian Aviation & Space Museum, and Canada Science & Technology Museum: FREE Admission DAILY between 4:00pm-5:00pm
The Library offers free family passes to the following Federal Museums.
- National Gallery of Canada
- Canadian Museum of Nature
- Canadian Museum of History
- The Canadian War Museum
The new Ingenium Pass which includes these museums on the same pass:
In addition to those listed above the Library also has the Ottawa Museum Network pass. The OMN is made up of the following museums, see websites for complete details on hours:
- Billings Estate National Historic Site (Open May-October)
- Bytown Museum (Open by appointment only in January. Open February- October)
- Cumberland Heritage Village Museum (Open May to October, Special hours for Christmas Nov.-Dec. See website for details)
- Diefenbunker: Canada’s Cold War Museum (Open year round, see website for details)
- Fairfields Heritage House (May-September. Guided tours by appointment only)
- Goulbourn Museum (Open year round)
- Nepean Museum (Open year round)
- Osgoode Township Historical Society & Museum (Open year round)
- Pinhey’s Point Historic Site (Museum open May-October, park is open year round)
- Vanier Museopark (Year round, Sugar Shack only open March-April)
- Watson’s Mill (May-October. Dickinson House May-December)