NEW Ingenium Pass includes the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum, the Canada Aviation and Space Museum and the Canada Science and Technology Museum. Place your hold for a pass now. Please expect wait times.
Please remember when passes are placed on hold, there is no guarantee of availability for specific dates. Passes may not be held or reserved for specific dates. You will be notified when the pass becomes available. You have 3 (working) days to pick up the pass. If you are unable to use the pass when it becomes available to you, you may replace a hold, but you will be at the bottom of the list. Limit of one pass per household, no renewals. Late fee is $1/day.
In connection with the Ottawa Museum Network (OMN) and the Canadian Federal Government, Department of Canadian Heritage, we are offering free family passes for many of the museums found in Ottawa and the Ottawa area.
Borrowing and using the Family Pass is easy!
1. Sign out the Family Pass on an adult card for a one week loan period ($1/day overdue fine).
2. Bring your pass to the museum for admission of up to 5 people ( Passes do vary: some are max 3 adults, some are max 2 adults, it will say on the pass).
3. Enjoy your visit!
The Library offers free family passes to the following Federal Museums.
- Aquatarium at Tall Ships Landing Discount Pass on admission only, effective April 1st, 2017
- National Gallery of Canada
- Canadian Museum of Nature
- Canadian Museum of History (Formerly Civilization)
- The Canadian War Museum
The new Ingenium Pass* is now for 2 adults and 4 children, which includes:
*Expect wait times
In addition to those listed above the Library also has the Ottawa Museum Network pass. The OMN is made up of the following museums, see websites for complete details on hours:
- Billings Estate National Historic Site (Open May-October)
- Bytown Museum (Open by appointment only in Jan. February- October)
- Cumberland Heritage Village Museum (Open May to October, Special hours for Christmas Nov.-Dec. see website for details)
- Diefenbunker: Canada’s Cold War Museum (Open year round, see website for details)
- Fairfields Heritage House (May-September. Guided tours by appointment only)
- Goulbourn Museum (Open year round)
- Nepean Museum (Open year round)
- Osgoode Township Historical Society & Museum (Open year round)
- Pinhey’s Point Historic Site (Museum open May-October, park is open year round)
- Vanier Museopark (Year round, Sugar Shack only open March-April)
- Watson’s Mill (May-October. Dickinson House May-December)