What is patron-Initiated Interlibrary Loan?
It is the patron interface to INFO, the provincial Interlibrary Loan System that the North Grenville Public Library belongs to. See below for general instructions.
Requesting an Interlibrary Loan
Once you’re sure that the North Grenville Public Library does not have the item you’re looking for, you can request it through our Interlibrary Loan service. To determine whether we already own the title, please search our online catalog.
Library users must first possess a valid library card and have an Interlibrary Loan patron record created in the INFO system by our staff. To register, provide your full name, home phone number and library card number in an email to our Interlibrary Loan office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Click on English or French
2. Select “Sign In” and enter your User ID (type in the numbers of your library card barcode)
3. Enter your password (this will be assigned to you by our Interlibrary Loan Department and can be changed later).
4. Choose “North Grenville Public Library” as your library location from the Authentication Service drop down menu
5. Click Submit
Search for the item you want to request
1. Select “Standard” or “Advanced” Search.
2. Note the “Current Profile” drop down menu. You will use these search profiles to do your searching.
3. ALWAYS select “SOLS Rideau South” as your initial search under the “Current Profile drop down menu.
4. Enter search term i.e. : title, and/or author.
5. Once the search is done, select Ontario Library Consortium link at the top of the “Search Results” screen to have OLC display first in the results. This will confirm that the item you want is not locally held at our library before proceeding with a request to another library.
6. Select “Details” to verify this is the item you want. Please insure that you choose a record with an ISBN number listed in the record. This is how the system sends the requests to another library. Without an ISBN it will get caught up and have to be handled manually.
7. Select “Get it!” to place the request. Item details are automatically entered in the Interlibrary Loan form.
8. Click Submit to send your request.
9. There is no need to print the request as you can view the status of your requests at any time using the “My Requests” link.
10. Sign out when you are finished.
No matches from the first profile?
If you are unable to find any results searching the “SOLS Rideau South” profile, then you can select a different profile. The next profile you should try is “SOLS Rideau North”, then “SOLS Toronto/Kawartha/401 Area”. Still no results? Keep searching through all the profiles if necessary. Please note: almost all requests can be filled with the “SOLS Rideau South”, “SOLS Rideau North” and “SOLS Toronto/Kawartha/401 Area” profiles.
No hits from any INFO profiles?
1. Select the “Create Request” option on the left hand menu bar.
2. Fill in as much information as you have available.
3. Click on “Submit”.
We will notify you when:
- The item has arrived. You will receive an email notification (if you have provided us with this information).
- Additional information is needed regarding your request or to approve service charges (this is rarely applicable).
- The request has been cancelled because the item is located at the North Grenville Public Library or the policies of the lending library prohibit loan.