We are pleased to inform you that the North Grenville Public Library will be restoring Interlibrary Loans Service this summer. Patron-initiated interlibrary loans will be available as well, with some small changes. Start date is to be confirmed; we are aiming for July 2, 2019.
For your information: Loans will be done using Canada Post and postage will be paid for by participating Libraries. The Southern Ontario Library Service (SOLS) will reimburse a portion of the postage at the end of the year. As we will be relying on Canada Post rather than a dedicated delivery service, we will also be relying on our patrons to pick up and return their interlibrary loans in a timely fashion.
We appreciate your patience. Please stay tuned.
—NGPL Board and Staff
If you are a big interlibrary loan fan then patron-initiated interlibrary loan is for you! Do your own searches and requests. Here’s a video to get you started or a handy user guide . Follow the simple steps below to get going on your own!
Library users must first possess a valid library card and have an Interlibrary Loan Patron Record created in the INFO system by our Ill staff. To register, provide your full name, home phone number and library card number here.
Once you are set up and ready to start searches please search our catalogue first to ensure that NGPL does NOT have the title you are looking for in our collection. This includes materials that are checked out. Then follow the steps below, use the video or user guide above to order your own books today!
Step by Step Search Guide
1. Click on English or French
2. Select “Sign In” and enter your User ID (type in the numbers of your library card barcode)
3. Enter your password (this will be assigned to you by our Interlibrary Loan Department and can be changed later).
4. Choose “North Grenville Public Library” as your library location from the Authentication Service drop down menu
5. Click Submit
Search for the item you want to request
1. Select “Standard” or “Advanced” Search.
2. Note the “Current Profile” drop down menu. You will use these search profiles to do your searching.
3. ALWAYS select “SOLS Rideau South” as your initial search under the “Current Profile drop down menu.
4. Enter search term i.e. : title, and/or author.
5. Once the search is done, select Ontario Library Consortium link at the top of the “Search Results” screen to have OLC display first in the results. This will confirm that the item you want is not locally held at our library before proceeding with a request to another library.
6. Select “Details” to verify this is the item you want. Please insure that you choose a record with an ISBN number listed in the record. This is how the system sends the requests to another library. Without an ISBN it will get caught up and have to be handled manually.
7. Select “Get it!” to place the request. Item details are automatically entered in the Interlibrary Loan form.
8. Click Submit to send your request.
9. There is no need to print the request as you can view the status of your requests at any time using the “My Requests” link.
10. Sign out when you are finished.
No matches from the first profile?
If you are unable to find any results searching the “SOLS Rideau South” profile, then you can select a different profile. The next profile you should try is “SOLS Rideau North”, then “SOLS Toronto/Kawartha/401 Area”. Still no results? Keep searching through all the profiles if necessary. Please note: almost all requests can be filled with the “SOLS Rideau South”, “SOLS Rideau North” and “SOLS Toronto/Kawartha/401 Area” profiles.
No hits from any INFO profiles?
1. Select the “Create Request” option on the left hand menu bar.
2. Fill in as much information as you have available.
3. Click on “Submit”.
We will notify you when:
- The item has arrived. You will receive an email notification (if you have provided us with this information).
- Additional information is needed regarding your request or to approve service charges (this is rarely applicable).
- The request has been cancelled because the item is located at the North Grenville Public Library or the policies of the lending library prohibit loan.