- LIBRARY CARD: You’ll need a valid library card.
- ILL PATRON RECORD: You’ll need to have an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Patron Record created in the INFOntario system by our ILL staff. To register, send your full name, home phone number, email address and library card number to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll let you know when you are set up.
- SEARCH FIRST: Once you are ready to start, please search the catalogue first to ensure that NGPL does not have the title you are looking for. This includes any resources that may be checked out.
- Please note you are limited to 5 requests per week. Also if you request an item and fail to pick up within 10 days your account will be charged $3.00. All interlibrary loans are subject to overdue fines.
Step by Step Search Guide
Now, follow these steps below, using the video or user guide.
- Go to: https://info.vdxhost.com/en/zportal
- Select “Sign In” and enter your User ID (your library card barcode).
- Enter your password (this will be assigned to you by our Interlibrary Loan Department and can be changed later).
- Choose “North Grenville Public Library” as your library location from the Authentication Service drop down menu.
- Click Submit.
Search for the item you want to request
1. Select “Standard” or “Advanced” Search.
2. Note the “Current Profile” drop down menu. You will use these search profiles to do your searching.
3. ALWAYS select “SOLS Rideau South” as your initial search under the “Current Profile drop down menu.
4. Enter search term i.e. : title, and/or author.
5. Once the search is done, select Ontario Library Consortium link at the top of the “Search Results” screen to have OLC display first in the results. This will confirm that the item you want is not locally held at our library before proceeding with a request to another library.
6. Select “Details” to verify this is the item you want. Please insure that you choose a record with an ISBN number listed in the record. This is how the system sends the requests to another library. Without an ISBN it will get caught up and have to be handled manually.
7. Select “Get it!” to place the request. Item details are automatically entered in the Interlibrary Loan form.
8. Click Submit to send your request.
9. There is no need to print the request as you can view the status of your requests at any time using the “My Requests” link.
10. Sign out when you are finished.
No matches from the first profile?
If you are unable to find any results searching the “SOLS Rideau South” profile, then you can select a different profile. The next profile you should try is “SOLS Rideau North”, then “SOLS Toronto/Kawartha/401 Area”. Still no results? Keep searching through all the profiles if necessary. Please note: almost all requests can be filled with the “SOLS Rideau South”, “SOLS Rideau North” and “SOLS Toronto/Kawartha/401 Area” profiles.
No hits from any INFO profiles?
1. Select the “Create Request” option on the left hand menu bar.
2. Fill in as much information as you have available.
3. Click on “Submit”.
We will notify you when:
- The item has arrived. You will receive an email notification (if you have provided us with this information).
- Additional information is needed regarding your request or to approve service charges (this is rarely applicable).
- The request has been cancelled because the item is located at the North Grenville Public Library or the policies of the lending library prohibit loan.