Making the Most of Every Mind
As a catalyst for learning, discovery and creativity, it is our mission to be a vibrant, accessible resource that builds and promotes an inclusive community by bringing together people and ideas.
Strategic Plan 2017-2022 (PDF)
2017-2022 Strategic Plan, Updated December 2022
Goal 1: Support learning, literacy and creativity
Objective 1: Expand and diversify our collection offerings
- Expand and refresh our print book collection in an intentional way
- Explore rotating collections/cost sharing with neighbouring libraries
- Add new non-book items
Objective 2: Expand and diversify our program offerings
- Deliver more STEM programming for children/youth
- Deliver hands-on programming for seniors
- Explore new program opportunities for all ages
Goal 2: Be a vibrant, responsive and sustainable resource for all
Objective 1: Ensure a sustainable funding model
- Develop an alternative revenue plan
- Objective 2: Enhance the patron experience
- Improve findability for collection resources
- Cultivate a vibrant, multi-use space where all members of the community feel welcome
- Deliver training to staff to improve competencies and service delivery
- Invite community input on library services
Goal 3: Strengthen community connections and collaborations
Objective 1: Deepen our community partnerships
- Build on our relationships with local schools, and cultivate new ones
- Strengthen current partnerships with community organizations, and re-ignite former partnerships
- Continue to support our Friends group and work in complement together
- Objective 2: Moving beyond our walls
- Explore the feasibility of a home/ community outreach
- Participate in community events and beyond
The North Grenville Public Library acknowledges that it operates on the un-ceded, and unsurrendered territory of the Anishinabek. We honour the historic relationship of the Haudenosaunee and Huron-Wendat peoples to this land. We recognize all First Nations, Métis, and Inuit who now call North Grenville their home. We respect and support the need for cultivating a strong relationship with all Indigenous peoples and we look forward to continuing this conversation and fostering the path towards reconciliation.
More About Us
The North Grenville Public Library (NGPL) is a hub and meeting place for the people of North Grenville, offering the resources and quality programming they need. More than that, it provides a safe and friendly space where people can come together, connect with others, and access such essential services as the Internet and printing. Our main Kemptville Branch is in the beautiful Norenberg Building, in the heart of Kemptville, and our Burritts Rapids Branch is in the historic Lockstation (Bridge House) by the Rideau River.
The NGPL is overseen by a volunteer board of qualified community members. It works with provincial agencies, other library systems, and community partners to share resources and enhance its services and programs.